Sunday, October 26, 2008

A little recap of the last two weeks.

The last two weeks has seen shown some interesting things. As in my past posts we had some really crazy weather and snow to boot. Also around that time Heather and I had an interesting moment outside our front door.

I was sitting at the computer and I heard out from a large thump and what sounded like scraping for a few minutes . I sat there wondering what in the world that could be. a few minutes later my wife comes rushing through the front door with the biggest "holy cow " look on her face. She said Gar, you have to come out here fast and see this! As she turns around to go back outside she shouts "bring the camera". Well I was really wondering what was going on now if it meant me taking some pictures.

I got out side and I could see a Tall man in overalls and a ball cap on his head. He was mumbling some words which I will not say here because they were some heavy duty words that one would say when something like this happens. The man was driving his nice looking 1980's 4x4 jacked up pick up truck to come see my neighbor. As he turned the corner, his rear wheels and the shafts they are connected to pop out of the truck. When they pop out the rear end of the pick up slams to the ground and the driver then drags the truck the rest of the way past our house and to our neighbors, here are some shots of that.


Last Weekend My family went to the Mountains, more specifically the City of Rocks national park. We have gone there for years to camp and climb the rocks. My wife Heather, my little brother Brian and brother David and his wife Misty and the kids Zach and Kammy. Also we had the privilege of having Mom with us to. The only ones that were missing was our sister Ann who was at work and our late father who would have been proud to see all of us there. See , my wife's blog for details on Dad.

http://tiggerlovespooh83318.blogspot.com/2008/10/he-would-of-been-proud-this-is-test.html

We had a great time climbing rocks and hiking and roasting a hot dog or two.











And lastly, last Friday I was able to have the most wonderfully out standing opportunity of renewing my drivers licence. My wife and I walked into the room and waited in line. When the lady who ran the facility said "next" it reminded me of how the lunch ladies acted when I was in Jr high school.

I was asked a few questions from this lady who had the personality of (in the words of my father) colder then a nun's bum. Although I know of something colder like a mother-in-laws kiss that would make hell freeze into the next ice age, but that is another story and one I will get into at another time.

This lady only looked at me twice, and in that time her questions were " are you and illegal alien? I calmly said no. but you should have heard the snickers coming from Heather. The lady then asked me if I was born in the United States? I again with a smile in the corner of my mouth said "yes". Then she asked if I was Chinese. I took a long pause Hopping that she would look at me, but she didn't. and I said no, although I wanted to start speaking broken garbled Chinese just to show this lady up. I filled out the necessary paper work and took the eye exam,

my eye site has changed since the last time I had them checked. I could read the letters all on line two that she asked me to read but it was a little harder and I had to squint to see the letters. looks like I better go see the eye doctor soon.

I sat down to have my picture taken and waited for my licence to be made. During that time another gentle man came in and wanted to renew his licence, this time I could see her actions and the way she asked the questions. I think she was a Jr high school lunch lady in another life or something.

The lady summoned me back to the counter and said my licence was ready. You want to know something a little Ironic? My eyes squinted at the moment the flash happened. I look a little Chinese

2 comments:

chickychick1975 said...

Hey...wow that poor guy with the broken truck. I feel for him. I also wish I could of slapped that creepy ol lunch lady/lisence chick who didn't even bother to look at you and thought you were chineese. I love the squinty part. Good post

Dave said...

wood yur 'rike some kung pow chic' en? Come buy this very rice car, it rook like you, take far drive see you 'rike okay, you 'rike it you buy it okay.