Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some cool news.

As all of you know (or if you didn't know you will now ) about 12 years ago I started to develop psoriasis. Any were on my body if I were to be cut or punctured or something my body would wig out and say "fix it" and shove everything to the wound to fix the issue and there would be to much excess skin which would die and stay their. It would build up in patches. During the winter months these patches would get very dry and sometimes crack and bleed. Some would even form around my joints like my knee and elbows and it would hurt to move. Its not contages, it is hereditary and for some reason it was dormant until now.

I have used creams and ointments and there were times when they would work. Some of these creams were very potent and had to have a prescription. this cream when used could only be put on the psoriasis plague but if it touched good healthy skin it would burn like you wouldn't believe and in the burned spots cause the psoriasis to go more because my body said its hurt again "fix it"

I had to stop that and go looking around for something else and heard a radio commercial on my way to work on morning. It was a cream called dermarest. they said it would take care of it. and it was over the counter at Wal-mart. Well I got it, used it and for a little bit it looked like things were good. the white plaques were gone but it left red welts that didn't hurt but my body once again said "fix it " and tried to heal them.

Now mind you I have gone to see the dermatologist, in fact it was him who prescribed the cream that burned. Recently I went back to see him again and he looked at me and said that it looks worse from the last time I was in but there was something new.

He told me of a pill that I could take that could clear it all up in one stoke and that I would have normal looking skin, I can't remember the name because it was long

Now this pill is big time potent. Its great, but there are some requirements. I can't have high cholesterol and my liver has to be able to handle it. Ok so I got scared there. I know I'm not in the greatest of shape, so for a while I didn't take the blood test. And I just dealt with it. Well there became a new development. I started to retain water in my legs and was put on a water pill to get it off. It works , theres no doubt, I take allot of bathroom breaks, but some times my legs get so bad that they swell up and when they stretch the psoriasis breaks and the wound oozes and mixes in with dead skin and causes the fungal infection and I would have to be put on antibiotics.

Well I couldn't stand it anymore and my poor wife would go through my pain to because I would be just a big grump and it wasn't fair to her. I took the blood test. Just one little poke and that was that.

I got to a point where I was wondering how things went but didn't pursue it much. I let it go for a while. I was then thinking lets find out so we went back to the doctor and asked for the results.

We walked in the Dr's office and sat down and asked him to give it to us strait and to see how bad of shape I was in. Dr Boehmer looked at his records and looked at me and shook his head and said it was unbelievable about my cholesterol. He said it was lower then his. I was in shock. I thought it was going to be skyrocketed through the roof but the doctor said my cholesterol was well below 100 points and all my other LDL and HDL were fine to. We don't have the results for the liver test back yet but the Dr said that with the cholesterol and everything looking the way it is I am going to be just fine and a perfect candidate to take this pill.

So If I can take this pill and be psoriasis free, that's going to be one of the best things to happen in a long time. I thought you all should know this.

2 comments:

Poohbear said...

Yes I am very happy the U finally took a poke....Remember I had 2....
remember I owe U a sucker of UR choice.....Love Ya

Dave said...

Everyone loves a magic pill. I am sorry you have got a physical trial to deal with, and I hope you are able to control the problems you have but I also hope that you can manage to be active and do the things you want to do without pain. Good luck with the next step.