Sunday, January 25, 2009

Iron Chef

Well Heather and I are on the road to recovery of this lousy no good sickness, all I have left is this awful cough that according to my wife I sound like my grandpa Moncur when he would cough. Well, here's to you Grandpa.

We have spent every weekend at home working on getting better and sometimes I feel cooped up and out of sync with the world. I have been going to work but the drive has been horrible. We are still under an inversion and we have had fog here for the last 10 days. When I drive to work in the morning I can only see about 5 feet ahead of me. Like in Heathers post I can't wait for summer time to.

I am not sure if any of you have seen this show on TV but its called Iron Chef America. Heather has really gotten into this show. What happens is 4 top Chefs that have been named Iron chef are selected to compete against ameture Chefs. They also have a master of ceremonies that does back flips up to his podium, and screams at the top of his lungs like a crazy China man.(that's always a thrill) sometime down the road when he is back flipping he is going to miss. Anyway These people have to cook up something using secret ingredients. Some ingredients have been pretty nasty looking.

So tonight I am in the kitchen making dinner for Heather and I and she is watching Iron Chef, now here are pros making sauce and what not from scratch and here I am frying up hamburger for spaghetti and using Hunts spaghetti sauce, the sauce you can trust. Kind of reminds you of wild Hickory nuts, You know I may not be a professional Chef, but In the words of my father "Reminds me when I was working at Antwan's. (family members will get that joke). I made a pretty mean spaghetti dinner tonight and that's just fine. I am not sure if it will have the same after effect as my brothers Salomi club sandwich but you never now.

For more information on Davids culinary musical club sandwich read here. http://moncurblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/twisted-thoughts-during-sacrament.html


Maybe next time I make dinner I will do a few back flips for Heather and land on a podium and serve dinner while screaming like a crazy China man. Just call me IRON CHEF GARY.

3 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

We've had fog, too. A lot of it.

Have you tried Air-borne? It is surprisingly amazing. Go to Walmart and get you some Air-borne.

Dave said...

don't trust the Chinnesee. Hunt's tomato sauce is nasty, the good stuff is the cheep stuff Delmonte makes a great cheep sauce. Did you drain the grease off the meat before mixing it together? Remember Heather's beef stroganoff? We use to chow that down pretty rapidly if I do remember. Sorry you are so sick, I have to admit that I have yet to miss a day of work because I was actually sick. I take a vitiman C everyday and a simple vitiman for strong bones and stuff, like Flintstones. Anyway try the airborne it works too. Get a humidifer thing too. Stay out of the cold and drink lots of water. MMMM....water. The key to a great meal is what type of after effect you are going to get left with. For good or for evil. Anyway get better, maybe we can all meet at that great resturaunt Antwan's? I don't like the mob for relatives.

Poohbear said...

Yes, U did a great job...Love Ya