Friday, January 28, 2011

In Remembrance of the Space Shuttle Challenger.

25 years ago today the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded just shortly after lift off killing all on board. I was 14 years old at the time and still remember sitting in class at the Burley junior high school listening to the announcement as it came over the intercom. I still remember how I felt bad about the situation and the people involved and there families and for everyone. It has always been my biggest fantasy to be an astronaut ever since I can remember.

The loss of the crew of the Challenger still cuts deep in my heart. Today my thoughts and prayers still go to there families

The Astronauts: Michael J. Smith, Dick Scobee, Ronald McNair; Ellison Onizuka, Christa McAuliffe, Gregory Jarvis, Judith Resnik.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I don't remember this as well as when the towers were attacked. Glad it is in the news, but like you it's a sad memory not a good one. Remember the earth quake in Burley?

Gary said...

How long ago was that earthquake do you remember?

Matt said...

Earthquake was in November 1983. I believe Dave was in 2nd grade and Gary in 5th. Weren't you at Mt. View at the time Gary?

Gary said...

Ahh ok that makes sense. I remember being at the back of the Jr high getting ready to catch the bus to go to MT View. I went to put my back pack in the line and go stand by my friends. I put the back down and stood up and I remember I thought I was a little dizzy but it was the ground shacking. After a few seconds it stopped. I don't remember anything else about it.